WebYep-Init-Code vs. Dreamweaver-Templateheader

General discussions about WebYep
styloweb

WebYep-Init-Code vs. Dreamweaver-Templateheader

Post by styloweb » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:35 am

I am looking after the website of a client, which was built in Dreamweaver and which has no CMS so far. Because of some changes it is now recommendable to use WebYep.

The single pages of the site rest upon a Dreamweaver template. Because of this every single page contains the following code at its beginning:

Code: Select all

<!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/[Templatename].dwt" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->

With this code it is assured that future changes at the template are assigned to the single pages. Unfortunately this circumstance collides with the demand that every single page which should be editable through WebYep has to begin with the init code. Accordingly WebYep tells me that this init code is nonexistent or wrong.

Thereon I have tried to place the template code of Dreamweaver UNDER the WebYep code. This is only possible with a independent editor because Dreaweaver prohibits every change at the template code. Furthermore the template code is being placed at the top again as soon I edit the underlying template. This change edits every single page of course, too.

Has anybody had the same problem, too? Did I make any mistake? I am very grateful for every help!

Regards Micha