open _blank

General discussions about WebYep
jamesk

open _blank

Post by jamesk » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:15 pm

How can I set this in a menu item? The way I read the reference is, if it's an internal link that you want to open in your current page use a relitive link i.e. "Contact Us#/contact.php" and if you wanted to open in a new window, you could use absolute link, such as "Google#http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk". However, when I try this is it still opens the external link in the same window. This has happened using version 1.5. any help would be fantastic!

Thanks

jamesk

Re: open _blank

Post by jamesk » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:24 am

Still can not manage to open in new window any ideas?

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:34 pm

The configuration setting currently (as of 1.5) only relates to links in Long Text, Rich Text and Image Elements. Menu items always open in the same window...sorry.

This will be changed in the next release of WebYep. Then also Menu items with a full URL (including the http:...) will honor the config setting $webyep_bOpenFullURLsInNewWindow

jamesk

Post by jamesk » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks for that. I have also realised you can set the whole menu to open _blank by this:

<?php webyep_menu("Menuname", false, "frontpage.html", "_blank", "", ""); // WebYepV1 ?>

if anyone else was interested.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:26 am

I've got a few links on my page and i've noticed that when I click on them a new page or tab pops up, rather than the initial page change... for example, I've got a few pics hosted on photobucket and when I click on the pics, a new page opens and I'm directed to photobucket's website... How can I stop this?

=============
Web Design

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:36 pm

In WebYep's configuration file, config.php, check the setting "webyep_bOpenFullURLsInNewWindow" - make sure it is set to:

Code: Select all

$webyep_bOpenFullURLsInNewWindow = false;

samstephan9

Post by samstephan9 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks everyone and specially johannes your script is working.