Webyep Menu and CSS Horizontal Menu issue?

General discussions about WebYep
goshdamo

Webyep Menu and CSS Horizontal Menu issue?

Post by goshdamo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:05 am

Hey guys wondering if someone can help.

I have a horizontal menu i created in Freeway Pro 5.5 using the very nice CSS menu action.
Here i've set the current page to be highlighted. Very nifty

On this page, I've put a WebYep Menu item on that page.
The menu items work great and clicks through to each of the WepYep pages it created.

My issue is getting back to the parent page on the Horizontal menu. It wont go back.
The Webyep Menu seems to think its part of that, and adds a small '#' at the end of the URL.

I'm guessing i might have to build frames? Not sure. Help me please??

http://www.ahsolutions.com.au/new/what-we-do.php

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Webyep Menu and CSS Horizontal Menu issue?

Post by johannes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:44 pm

goshdamo wrote:My issue is getting back to the parent page on the Horizontal menu. It wont go back.
The Webyep Menu seems to think its part of that, and adds a small '#' at the end of the URL.

When I click one of the WebYep menu items, that item's content is shown (e.g. "Our services").
When I then click on the parent page's main menu item (e.g. "What we do"), the parent page is shown.

Seems to work fine...

goshdamo

Post by goshdamo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:39 am

I've fixed the issue, well not really fixed. fudged.

Instead of pointing the menu item to a page in the freeway document, i've pointed to the absolute URL in the external links window. This seems to over-rule Webyeps DOC# when trying to find the menu item

Plus, I've ended up making the horizontal menu from rollover images. ie. the old fashioned way.
Now that the menu is images, i can set an active state for the item selected.

So not really a fix. I just couldn't get Freeway's CSS menu action to behave with WebYep.
Wepyeps menu seems to work ok when its the only menu item. When there's another menu, Wepyep seems to treat that like a Wepyep menu.

One worth noting.

martinjbull
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by martinjbull » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi
I have posted a relevant related comment on another thread in this forum here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4048 It shows how to create a horizontal WebYep menu-and it works.
I am interested in using WebYep menus, horizontally, but with drop down submenus using css. Could we start a small project to put together the basic code (which users could then edit for colours, padding etc)?
The lack of an easily accessible horizontal meu method has led me to use other cms systems for some of my clients when in all other respects the superb webyep would be the best way to go. I am not sufficiently fluent in css list complexities to do this myself, but I could really use it. Looks to me that is should be possible to get some basic code up and running, and I think sales of WebYep licenses would go up!
What do people think?

emma555

Post by emma555 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:08 am

James wrote:Hi
I always thought that the problem would be solved. On this website, they claim they have been having the same problem. Anyway, in case anyone is interested, I have posted a relevant related comment on another thread in this forum here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4048 It shows how to create a horizontal WebYep menu-and it works.
I am interested in using WebYep menus, horizontally, but with drop down submenus using css. Could we start a small project to put together the basic code (which users could then edit for colours, padding etc)?
The lack of an easily accessible horizontal meu method has led me to use other cms systems for some of my clients when in all other respects the superb webyep would be the best way to go. I am not sufficiently fluent in css list complexities to do this myself, but I could really use it. Looks to me that is should be possible to get some basic code up and running, and I think sales of WebYep licenses would go up!
What do people think?

Hi "Martinbull",
I see your mentioned thread.It,s great.I get my solution,cause I am also facing this problem like goshdamo. :D