Webyep - long text paragraph space before and after

General discussions about WebYep
DesignNorth
Rank 2
Rank 2

Webyep - long text paragraph space before and after

Post by DesignNorth » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:55 pm

When using the long text, I've noticed that no space before / after is not applied to the carriage returns "within" the editable text.

Between Paragraphs. Any carriage return in the WebYep edit window is saved as <br /> rather than <p>

This means that CSS styles cannot be matched correctly to other parts of the site.

Is this to be fixed?

yubin

Re: Webyep - long text paragraph space before and after

Post by yubin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:43 am

[quote="DesignNorth"]
Between Paragraphs. Any carriage return in the WebYep edit window is saved as <br /> rather than <p>
[/quote]

I think it is nearly impossible to use multiple <p> to format the longtext because it only inserts before the text... not after.
The system we use at work has the same problem... with automatic formating (it recognises new lines and special characters and converts them as you type) however it isn't smart. you can't have both smart text and html... one or the other... so using the <br /> is the easy work around as you don't need a closing tag to format correctly.

try creating a new loop item and leaving the shorttext and image out and see if that works... if you have a <p> tag around that element it might look ok.

hope this is useful.

Webyep doesn't look like it'll help you walk on water just yet... but it's a good start i think.