WebYep 1.4.6 and FCKEDIT on an iPad ... Problems.

General discussions about WebYep
msknutson

WebYep 1.4.6 and FCKEDIT on an iPad ... Problems.

Post by msknutson » Tue May 11, 2010 8:37 am

Hello all - I've got WebYep (and FCKEDIT) installed and licensed on quite a few sites, and have no problems on computers running Windows XP/7 and/or Mac OS X (sorry, haven't tried any linux variations). I'd like to be able to manage content from an iPad, but can't get everything working. I can get logged-in without a problem, but when I try to edit rich text (FCKEDIT), the edit field will not accept any input. Some of the other (non FCKEDIT) fields work fine, so I guess my question is whether any of the other rich text editors would be any better (or functional) on the iPad. My guess would be that TinyMCE or CKEDIT may be better, as they are newer code - any insight would be appreciated (I do need rich text functionality for most pages so a more robust rt editor is needed). thanks! Michael

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: WebYep 1.4.6 and FCKEDIT on an iPad ... Problems.

Post by johannes » Tue May 11, 2010 11:22 am

I'm afraid none of the current WYSIWYG editors can cope with either iPhone or iPad.

Another issue is the file upload: Neither iPhone nor iPad allows the usual browser based file/image uploads :(

msknutson

Post by msknutson » Tue May 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks Johannes! that is what I was afraid of ... I can always use only native webyep elements ... Michael

Coffeefanaddict

Post by Coffeefanaddict » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Any changes on this coming?
Thanks

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:20 pm

We are observing the development regarding the limitations on the iOS platform as to HTML in-browser WYSIWYG editing and file upload. We are looking for possibilities to provide editing capabilities for WebYep websites on iPhone/iPad despite these limitations.

I unfortunately cannot state any release date for these features... :(