upload with CKEditor

General discussions about WebYep
sundown

upload with CKEditor

Post by sundown » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi,

I've installed CKEditor (3.1) and it appears ok but the 'upload' of images and configuration doesn't. Though it does on the CKEditor demo. Any thoughts ??

For clients I need to make this as easy as possible but without an upload facilty I'm not sure I can use WebYep.

I need the control of image size etc. which the webyep image 4 doesn't or at least isn't client friendly.

Can I just add that the manual leaves a lot to be desired.

thanks

Maeve

Re: upload with CKEditor

Post by Maeve » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:10 am

Hi Sundown. To get the flexible 'browse server' option for images, flash and other files you'll need to integrate CKfinder. Select the php version and follow developers documentation to install. You can intall it all and test before buying a license. I find this makes WebYep suitable for commercial clients as it allows them flexibility of layout and a user friendly way to upload and manage images.

Hope this helps.

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Please note that currently to use CKFinder you need to set up a separate authentication mechanism. The WebYep login mechanism can not be used to authenticate for the image/file upload of CKFinder.

sundown

Post by sundown » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:05 pm

thanks folk's,

Sadly, the cost ($59) is prohibative over the licence require for webyep per site.

I did eventually find mention of CKFinder, rather sneakily hidden I thought.

s