Video Content

General discussions about WebYep
Todd

Video Content

Post by Todd » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:38 pm

A client has a portfolio site that's very heavy on video content (QT, Flash, mp3) with dozens of high-quality videos (with more on the way), some of them with a pretty hefty file size. My questions is would WY be well-suited for this type of content? Are there file size limits or any quirks with changing/uploading vids? Because most of the editing will deal with video content it's crucial that WY doesn't choke on this type of content. The client really likes the simplicity of WY but is concerned that it might not be up to the job. Suggestions and insights welcome.

Thanks,

Todd

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Video Content

Post by johannes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:39 pm

Actually WebYep (as of 1.4.5) cannot handle video and audio content at all.

You can embed video/flash into the editable text via the supported WYSIWYG HTML editors (TinyMCE, CKEditor, ...). But also then WebYep does not handle the media content - the file managers of the WYSIWYG editors do.

emptyhead

Post by emptyhead » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:10 am

Are there any plans to implement video handling into WebYeb??

Thanks

Matt

testing1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by testing1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:34 am

Hi Guys,

I wanted to share a 3rd party tool I've been using for handling video and images. It's called Slideshow Pro and you can find it here: http://slideshowpro.net/

In particular, I use Slideshow Pro Director, because it's a CMS in itself. I can upload pics, video and audio. I would recommend separating the idea of WebYep from the idea of additional functionality. The best thing about WebyYep is that it's light and easy to setup over your existing design. If you want additional functionality, I would rely on third party tools to enhance your presentation. I understand WebYep does not offer every bell and whistle, but that is its strength! Do not forget this Johannes.

In short, let other apps do what they do best, but have WebYep as your foundation CMS…
Hope it helps.

PS. Have you considered starting a YouTube channel and copy/pasting the code into your WY layout (source mode, using CKeditor)? YouTube brings an incredible amount of traffic…

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:22 pm

This is exactly how we see it. Of course we are interested in adding functionality to WebYep but the number one priority is to keep it simple.