CK Editor not displaying menus

General discussions about WebYep
barktech

CK Editor not displaying menus

Post by barktech » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:16 pm

I have downloaded and installed ckeditor version 3.1 into the opt folder. It displays correctly in Firefox; however, in IE8 it will not display the menus. The error shows up as:

Code: Select all

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0)
Timestamp: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 17:04:13 UTC

Line: 34
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://www.azildagreenhouses.com/webyep-system/program/editors/rich-text.php?WEBYEP_FIELDNAME=MyExtraContent2&WEBYEP_GLOBAL=1&WEBYEP_PAGEID=7&WEBYEP_DI=0&WEBYEP_LOOP_ID=0&CSS_URL=%2Fstyles.css

Line: 56
Char: 1
Code: 0
[code]URI: http://www.azildagreenhouses.com/webyep-system/program/editors/rich-text.php?WEBYEP_FIELDNAME=MyExtraContent2&WEBYEP_GLOBAL=1&WEBYEP_PAGEID=7&WEBYEP_DI=0&WEBYEP_LOOP_ID=0&CSS_URL=%2Fstyles.css[/code]

Any thoughts on what is going on here.

Thanks, Dan

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: CK Editor not displaying menus

Post by johannes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:09 pm

There is unfortunately currently a problem with the CKEditor support for Internet Explorer in WebYep.

This issue will be addressed in the upcoming service update 1.4.6 of WebYep (due this week).

Dudikowski

Post by Dudikowski » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:33 pm

CKeditor.jpg
CKeditor.jpg (140.96 KiB) Viewed 5648 times
johannes wrote:There is unfortunately currently a problem with the CKEditor support for Internet Explorer in WebYep.

This issue will be addressed in the upcoming service update 1.4.6 of WebYep (due this week).

Hello Johannes

Did you outsource your support? I'm having major problems reporting a bug I see with CKEditor. Even when I made a screen video to show what's happening your front desk cant see any problem.

In Safari and Firefox the new CKeditor for Rich Text takes over the full window thus hiding the save/cancel button
Last edited by Dudikowski on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dudikowski

Post by Dudikowski » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:38 pm

You can get a video here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/231879/webyep/T ... irefox.swf

Here is a problem with Chrome and IE and Rich Text.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/231879/webyep/T ... %20Mac.swf

Dudikowski

Post by Dudikowski » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:11 am

I discovered that the small blue save icon on top works. But the new editor window is missing the Webyep Help link. Is this the final solution or a bug?

Compare to the older FCK Editor

FCK editor old.jpg
FCK editor old.jpg (57.71 KiB) Viewed 5717 times

barktech

Post by barktech » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Any word on the release of 4.6? My clients want to use IE instead of Firefox.

barktech

Post by barktech » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Thank you for the 1.46 update. I have updated 4 websites using the online installer, which is a great help. The update does indeed address the problems with Internet Explorer. :D

Dan

Dudikowski

Post by Dudikowski » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:15 pm

Great news indeed. :)

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Dudikowski wrote:Did you outsource your support? I'm having major problems reporting a bug I see with CKEditor. Even when I made a screen video to show what's happening your front desk cant see any problem.

The video showing Firefox actually did show the normal behavior of the Rich Text Element's editor window when using CKEditor. The misunderstanding was in what is the normal behavior: For technical reasons the CKEditor automatically starts in full window mode so the usual buttons (Cancel, Save, ...) of a WebYep editor window are not present - you must CKEditor's buttons instead (e.g. blue disc icon for save, etc.).

Dudikowski

Post by Dudikowski » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:38 pm

johannes wrote:
Dudikowski wrote:Did you outsource your support? I'm having major problems reporting a bug I see with CKEditor. Even when I made a screen video to show what's happening your front desk cant see any problem.

The video showing Firefox actually did show the normal behavior of the Rich Text Element's editor window when using CKEditor. The misunderstanding was in what is the normal behavior: For technical reasons the CKEditor automatically starts in full window mode so the usual buttons (Cancel, Save, ...) of a WebYep editor window are not present - you must CKEditor's buttons instead (e.g. blue disc icon for save, etc.).

Yes I figured it out finally. The problem was perhaps that you said that you now support CKeditor but there was no mention about a changed behaviour. Webyep is very "present" in all dialog windows so the first impression I got was that I was only watching CKeditor but not Webyep.

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:57 pm

I see - we will try to make this more clear in the documentation - or: I have not given up completely on getting the CKEditor area to resize properly with the window, so that we can use it in non-full-window mode too...