Formatting a page

General discussions about WebYep
tonylees
Rank 2
Rank 2

Formatting a page

Post by tonylees » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 am

Hi All,

I am struggling with formatting a page which uses Webyep, could someone please help!

The page in question is http://www.tlees.co.uk thw way I have set this page up is with a container div which has the border, and then a content div within it.
The problem is that the conainer div height does not expand with the content that I add with WebYep, it over writes the border.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks
Tony

jzanchy

Re: Formatting a page

Post by jzanchy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm sorry Tony I wish I had the answer for you. I'm new to ll this and this forum. I hope to learn a great deal from here. I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully a fellow member can shed some light on this for you.

Take Care,
Jay

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:06 pm

The best way to approach these types of problems is to replace the WebYep Elements with static content - some placeholder images and/or a bit of copy text (in your case a bit more).

Then you can focus on the CSS/HTML and do not have to mind about the CMS.

Once the layout is as you want it, simply switch the placeholders with the real WebYep Element's.

Maeve

Post by Maeve » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:01 am

Yes definitely agree with Johannes - I find the best way to create a site with WebYep is to build the entire site in html/css first, then simply replace your text and images with the desired WebYep elements.

Cheers,
Maeve