htaccess problems - New User

General discussions about WebYep
FreewayDanJ

htaccess problems - New User

Post by FreewayDanJ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 am

Hi, new to WebYep as of today and am running great using MAMP. However I am running into a situation with perhaps an htaccess file issue when I try and put the site on an actual server. Currently my root site runs ExpressionEngine 1.6.8 and my 'index.php removing' htaccess file looks like this:

Code: Select all

ErrorDocument 404 /index.php?/{ee:404}

# Remove index.php
# Uses the "include method"
# http://expressionengine.com/wiki/Remove_index.php_From_URLs/#Include_List_Method
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(\.[a-zA-Z0-9]{1,5})$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/({ee:template_groups}|{ee:pages}|members|P[0-9]{2,8}) [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]

Now, I have no clue what any of that means and I'm using the LG htaccess generator to do that. I also am on GoDaddy Linux hosting so there was some pruning until it finally 'worked'. So with my WebYep installed in a subfolder on the same server, I'm running into a problem where it's mixing up the urls. For example:

http://www.example.com/subfolder/webyep-system/info.php

looks for the CSS file here:

http://www.example.com/subfolder/webyep-system/info.php/subfolder/webyep-system/program/styles.css

When I run the info.php page it says that WebYep was prepared correctly and has write permissions. I also did test this on another GoDaddy account without an htaccess file and it had the right URLs. So, that's why I'm here. What do I need to change and what am I doing wrong?

(It might also be important to note that I used Max's FW Actions and Freeway 5 Pro 5.4.2.)

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: htaccess problems - New User

Post by johannes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:11 pm

WebYep is trying to determine various URL and file system paths from server variables.

Somehow (maybe as a result of the rewriting) these server vars are set in an unexpected way.

The only way I can investigate this, is by having direct FTP access to this server.

Please contact us directly via our support page and, if possible, send the FTP login credentials.

FreewayDanJ

Post by FreewayDanJ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Apparently Max sent off my FTP details to you to look at. Hopefully a solution can be found.

FreewayDanJ

Post by FreewayDanJ » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:11 am

I solved the problem, I think. I had to create a new unique htaccess file for that specific folder. That seemed to work. I still can't get the data folder to connect using the Rich Text items, but the short text versions show up. Strange.

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:25 pm

I took a look (using Max' FTP credentials) and it turned out that the rewrites configured in the main .htaccess file lead to wrong server variables.

For example the PHP_SELF variable was reported to PHP as
"/rsride2/webyep-system/info.php/rsride2/webyep-system/info.php"
where it should be
"/rsride2/webyep-system/info.php"

Regarding the problem with Rich Text content: I would need exact information regarding on which page which Element's content is not displayed.