Will WebYep work in SubDomains or Folders?

General discussions about WebYep
daviddelmonte

Will WebYep work in SubDomains or Folders?

Post by daviddelmonte » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:07 pm

I want to split a site into either folders or sub-domains, to accommodate multiple language versions.

Will WebYep work this way or will I need a license for each part of the site?

Thanks

David (again)

Blacka

Re: Will WebYep work in SubDomains or Folders?

Post by Blacka » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:39 pm

Hey David,

Did you got the answers already?
I have an url that will redirected to a subdomain where the webyep is installed, and i want to now if it works.
I cant enter the subdomain for a webyep license cause it says its an invalid hostname..

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:37 am

Regarding redirection:

Whenever a website can be accessed via different hostnames, you just need to order a license for one hostname and then drop as a short note listing the other hostnames (aliases). We then gladly send you free additional licenses for these aliases (Alias License Codes).

In case one of the URLs the site can be reached under contains a subfolder (like http://www.myserver.xx/thewebsite/) you cannot order for this URL directly on our website. Please order for a hostname that does not contain subfolders (usually the "official" URL) and then request an Alias License Code for the URL this get's redirected to.

On this occasion a word about redirection: Whenever possible you should avoid redirections. It's no problem for WebYep, but it is a problem for your site (e.g. regarding SEO) and you visitors (e.g. regarding bookmarks).

Regarding multiple webyep-system folders:

WebYep is licensed per website and per installed system. From the license agreement:
You may install and use ("RUN") a copy of the SOFTWARE on one web server (computer used to serve a web site for public access) to edit the content of one web site. This license grant is limited to one web site and one copy of the SOFTWARE.

If you want to install more than one Webyep Systems just for being able to let different people edit different parts of one website using different login credentials: The upcoming version of WebYep (1.5) will provide multiple user logins with page based editing rights.

Blacka

Post by Blacka » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Thankx Johannes for the clear answer! :D