Web Yep 1.5.0 beta

General discussions about WebYep
stinkykong

Web Yep 1.5.0 beta

Post by stinkykong » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:10 am

I installed Web Yep beta 1.5. This is my first exposure to Web Yep. It seems to work well but I don't see any user interface for rich text editing. I find no buttons for Bold, Italic, Underline, no way to add paragraphs etc. except by hand coding the tags in which case it works fine. Headings, bold text, paragraphs all work when HTML tags are added.

I don't really know what to expect there. Is this because it's in the beta stage or is it because I don't have a license. Would purchasing a 1.4 license open this up to see?

Also, I use Zoom Search on this site and it can't find my Web Yep content. It's supposed to see dynamically generated content but doesn't see Web Yep's insertions. I don't know how I'll establish a link to that but if anyone knows how that works, all help is appreciated.

It's all so new but really works nicely.

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Web Yep 1.5.0 beta

Post by johannes » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:35 pm

stinkykong wrote:I installed Web Yep beta 1.5. This is my first exposure to Web Yep. It seems to work well but I don't see any user interface for rich text editing. I find no buttons for Bold, Italic, Underline, no way to add paragraphs etc. except by hand coding the tags in which case it works fine. Headings, bold text, paragraphs all work when HTML tags are added.

Please note that the supported WYSIWYG editors are not bundled with WebYep! To learn where to download one of these and how to install it, please see the WebYep documentation, Rich Text Element's reference, also online at:
http://www.obdev.at/webyep/docu.html

stinkykong wrote:Also, I use Zoom Search on this site and it can't find my Web Yep content. It's supposed to see dynamically generated content but doesn't see Web Yep's insertions. I don't know how I'll establish a link to that but if anyone knows how that works, all help is appreciated.

Please be sure to use "Spider mode indexing" with Zoom.