Lightbox Error in IE7 'SOLVED'

General discussions about WebYep
briar

Lightbox Error in IE7 'SOLVED'

Post by briar » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi Johannes

I have looked around the posts in the forum, and pick up some errors in relationship to Lightbox, particularly with regard to IE.

I am updating a customer site with the latest version WY 1.4.4 and included the Lightbox option, testing has predominantly been through Firefox on a localhost, live testing on customer hosting shows that the Lightbox works happily on Safari, Firefox etc, but generates an error on IE7 on a PC where its reports the site cannot be opened and 'Operation aborted' error.

Isolate the Lightbox (change its folder name) and the site is accessible again.

I note you are looking for an 'alternative' lightbox - have you been successful, or perhaps aware of the problem and have found temporary /permanent solution.

The Lightbox works fine when it is opened for the first time in the page when linking and unlinking it under test and will continue to open and close happily in a static page, its when you then choose to go to another page (all pages have the same result) you get the not found error. From a IE visitor's perspective, if the Lightbox is operational, the error is there from arrival, they won't be able to access the site at all!

Any suggestions would be helpful to make this upgrade much more attractive for use in the many galleries that are slowly building in this particular site.

Regards

David
Last edited by briar on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

briar

Re: Lightbox Error in IE7 'SOLVED"

Post by briar » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi Johannes

I have resolved the problem creating this error and would advise that the problem seemed to lie in the scriptaculous.js, have replaced this and the prototype.js with the latest versions: scriptaculous.js v.1.8.3.

Everything now works fine, there was a conflict with the script that runs the menu system (MenuMachine)

Regards

David