PHP serverconfiguration allright? (SOLVED)

General discussions about WebYep
Marz

PHP serverconfiguration allright? (SOLVED)

Post by Marz » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:44 pm

Hi there!

I've used WebYep for several of my clients with great success. I'm currently testing on a new clients' server and am running into some problems. When I click the logon button the pop-up remains empty (even in debug mode) and when I open a page in a subdirectory I get an error the WepYep folder cannot be found.

I'm suspecting this has something to do with the PHP/server configuration, but before I start messing with WebYep IncludePath variables which I rather not do, could this be the case?

The normal phpinfo(); didn't work due to security constraints, but with a different script I was able to find the following PHP serverinformation;

php version:
4.4.4-8+etch6

Zend version:

php.ini:
post_max_size 10M
upload_max_filesize 8M
open_basedir .:/tmp/
disable_functions phpinfo, exec, system, inode, socket, passthru, shell_exec, proc_close, proc_terminate, proc_open
register_globals 1
variables_order EGPCS

Are these allright for a WebYep installation?

Regards,
Marz
Last edited by Marz on Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: PHP serverconfiguration allright?

Post by johannes » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Are these allright for a WebYep installation?

I strongly recommend a more current PHP version (like 5.2), but otherwise yes.

I would need access via FTP to that server to investigate this further - please contact us directly via the support page - thank you.

Marz

Re: PHP serverconfiguration allright?

Post by Marz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi all,

Just to let you know, this question has been solved. (Thanks Johannes!)

The issue was a problematic 'open_basedir' setting in the server PHP configuration, which caused the script to be unable to access files in the correct location. The ISP was unable to change this, but they transferred the domain to a more recent server and hosting environment, and now WebYep is working fine!

Greetings,
Marz