Use another gallery script in place of lightbox2?

General discussions about WebYep
r_jake

Use another gallery script in place of lightbox2?

Post by r_jake » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Is it possible to use another lightbox - type script in place of Lightbox2? I much prefer either 'Fancybox' http://fancy.klade.lv/ or 'Colorbox' http://colorpowered.com/colorbox/ - they are both better in terms of cross-browser compatibility and general functionality.

If so, where would I need to look to find the code that executes Lightbox and what would I need to replace?

Thanks

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Use another gallery script in place of lightbox2?

Post by johannes » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:46 pm

We are currently looking for Lightbox alernatives to support.

Unfortunately you cannot use another implementation my simply changing some configuration option.

Please note that changing the WebYep PHP program code will result in a loss of warranty and entitlement for technical support as we cannot support code we didn't write.

But more over, it would make updates difficult and it's generally a bad idea to not update to the most current version of WebYep (all updates by now where free!), as they might also include important security updates.

r_jake

Post by r_jake » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:19 am

Thanks Johannes, that makes things clearer.

I would recommend looking at Colorbox, as it is easy to customise its appearance through simple changes to a CSS file, plus it seems pretty robust and cross-browser friendly.

It can also be implemented unobtrusively, in that no classes or ids need to be added to the mark up to get it to work (you select the required elements through an external configuration file) so it may be possible to get it to work without altering any of the WebYep core anyway. I'll look into it and post back here if I have any success.

bcbounders

Post by bcbounders » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:43 pm

r_jake,

Did you ever have any luck getting Colorbox to work? I'm in a pickle right now as I need to use a Lightbox with a WebYep Image Gallery, but the currently available version of Lightbox2 that's supposed to be supported by WebYep doesn't work because they've completely changed the implementation!

Thanks!

- John