Web Yep template

General discussions about WebYep
chassa2556

Web Yep template

Post by chassa2556 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi could anyone help me? I have just started using WebYep and love its simplicity and ease of use. But I am really struggling to get some basic issues resolved. I am working on a charity site in Africa. I am trying to produce a news page with a basic summary page that links through to a detail page. So there would be several news stories on one page and then when you click on 'see more' you go to a full detail page. I can't seem to get the links working and not sure how to program in the detail page so it relates to the summary story.

Has anyone got a template of this kind of thing that they would be willing to send me so I can get a feel for how to program in the scripts from within Dreamweaver? I'd be really grateful as the support seems to be fairly basic so far to say the least. I'm surprised there aren't walkthroughs on this in the documentation or something its fairly fundamental surely?

chassa2556

Re: Web Yep template

Post by chassa2556 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:30 pm

Anyone out there?

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Unfortunately there's currently no such thing as a Master/Detail WebYep Element. What that means is mainly, that you have to enter the news title and the news teaser text twice: On the overview page and on the detail page.

But linking from a news story fragment on an overview page to a detail page can be done by

• Creating a WebYep Loop in the overview page (containing e.g. a Short Text Element for the title and a Long Text Element for the teaser text)
  • Creating a detail page with some WebYep Elements (again e.g. a Short Text for the title etc., maybe with an Image Element in addition)
  • and then putting inside the loop on the overview page a detail link like this:

Code: Select all

<a href="details.php?WEBYEP_DI=<?php echo $webyep_oCurrentLoop->iCurrentLoopID()?>">more...</a>

CAUTION: Since WebYep 1.4.6 this code must read:

Code: Select all

<a href="details.php?DOC_INST=<?php echo $webyep_oCurrentLoop->iCurrentLoopID()?>">more...</a>

chassa2556

Post by chassa2556 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Many thanks Johannes - I'll give this a try