Some TinyMCE options missing when installed on WebYep

General discussions about WebYep
vunity

Some TinyMCE options missing when installed on WebYep

Post by vunity » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:10 am

Hi

I am trying the demo version of WebYep and have just installed the WYSIWYG TinyMCE.

On the surface it appears to work fine, but I have just noticed that there are some options missing in the WYSIWYG when it is installed via WebYep.

When inserting an image or link the pop-up window is missing the "General", "Appearance" and "Advanced" tabs, and a button next to "image URL" which allows you to browse for files on your server.

How can I get this to show up as it does on the TinyMCE website examples? I need this as the client I wish to use WebYep for wants to have links to a couple of PDF documents within the body of his content. It also makes it harder for them to upload images when using the WYSIWYG. If you could let me know, that would be great.

Thanks

Michelle

[/img]

vunity

Plugins

Post by vunity » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:37 am

Hi again

I just realised that these features are plugins that you need to purchase.

Michelle

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:21 pm

Yes - Moxiecode, the makers of TinyMCE, offer a plugin called MCFileManager, that is a media manager for TinyMCE.

With WebYep images are usually inserted via the Image Element and file uploads with the Attachment Element, not with the Rich Text Element.

So images and files (currently) cannot be placed in the middle of a text - they need to be explicitly placed beside/below the text by the designer and then can be filled in by the user.

The drawback is, that editors/users cannot freely place files and images within the text - the designer decides where those can be placed. But most designers actually consider this a benefit and not a drawback :wink:

jamesk

Re: Some TinyMCE options missing when installed on WebYep

Post by jamesk » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:22 pm

I've just purchased this. I've noticed there is another login for this. is there any way to use the webyep one?

Thanks,
James

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Max » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:07 pm

From what I can remember I think you set the password within the
login_session_auth.php document which is in the imagemanager folder
It's somewhere near the top of that document
So if you open it using a text editor
You should see something like

Code: Select all

$username = "demo";
$password = "demo";

Just change the demo's to what ever you have set webyep too

All the best max

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:15 am

jamesk wrote:I've just purchased this. I've noticed there is another login for this. is there any way to use the webyep one?

Unfortunately no - the MCFileManager's authentication is totally separate from WebYep.