complete beginner in webyep

General discussions about WebYep
ron6a

complete beginner in webyep

Postby ron6a » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi. I have just taken over a charity website. I am not a professional designer and do everything in either photoshop cs3 or dreamweaver cs5. The charity like to update some of their own pages using webyep, of which I have no knowledge. I have managed to get webyep 1.7.2 running on dreamweaver but am struggling with actually getting it to work on a page. It seems you cannot test it offline and if I try it on a test site none of it shows up. I have managed to copy(and paste) the links from the charities original site but the links always go back to the old, rather than my test site, even though I change the link addresses.
Hope this makes sense and maybe someone can offer some advice?
Ron

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: complete beginner in webyep

Postby Max » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi Ron
webyep is a fairly simple system
technically you can move the system form one server to another and if the structure is the same another words webyep-system is placed at the root of a server and then you move it to another server and its set up the same way then it just works.

The problem arises when you start to change the structure or just as importantly page names or webyep element names because webyep needs the paths to all these content managed blocks to be correct. This can be found in the documents file within the data folder. and if you were to look at that using a text editor you would see quite easily how the links all work

As for testing yes you need to test it using a server environment but you can use MAMP on both mac and pc so it emulates a server environment .

Unfortunately its not easy to see whats going on in your set up because there are so many factors like how has the pages been constructed and how the links have been written etc but it usually not difficult to sort out

One big bit of advice
before you start to change or amend the documents file make a backup of everything so you can revert if you mess things up

kind regards max

ivette.carlier

Postby ivette.carlier » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi there! I'm just discovering the forum and I'm a beginner in Webyep, I mean I'm making my very first steps in it. I hope to have support I need to master the system.

joeroot

Postby joeroot » Tue May 16, 2017 9:10 am

webyep is a fairly simple system
technically you can move the system form one server to another and if the structure is the same another words webyep-system is placed at the root of a server and then you move it to another server and its set up the same way then it just works.
joe root
hr@ Accounting Assignment Help

Return to “WebYep (english)”