WebYep 2

General discussions about WebYep
Max
Rank 3
Rank 3

WebYep 2

Postby Max » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Yep it looks like we have now got the webyep 2 system working correctly in a PHP7 server
obviously we need to test, test and then test some more but it looks like we should be there quite soon

kindest regards max

Max
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: WebYep 2

Postby Max » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:25 pm

We were a bit premature in our last post about having it working... it turned out we had a problem with loops and id's......BUT we think we have done it now.

So finally there is light at the end of the tunnel... yippee
The result is as more functionality than the original system without any more complication for developers. we even have a gallery that is responsive.

I will post it here when we are ready to launch and of course I will be uploading it to git hub as well as having a proper sight for people to view the results, video tutorials, etc etc

there will be two versions of the system
1 the webyep system with no restrictions and that will be available for people to download from github this version has everything except the optional commercial redactor richtext editor although you can still use the latest tinymce or ckeditor
2 the pro version is exactly the same but already has the redactor editor installed, this editor has a file and image manager built in and is all ready to use.
This version will only be available via the new (still to be launched) webyep2 website and this version of the system will be a one off chargeable item.
its basically to help to cover the redactor license which I have to buy... I hope everyone is going to like it because its taken years to develop and cost me a blooming fortune as well!!!

speak soon Max

alexanderhacke

Postby alexanderhacke » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:15 pm

Hey Max, yeah, sounds great! :D

imperfekt
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby imperfekt » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:57 pm

:D
thank you for the good Work!

abendrot

Postby abendrot » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:27 pm

That would be fantastic not to lose these small CMS. Congratulations

Max
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Max » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:43 am

Ok, the loop problem seems to be fixed in php7... a tricky little element that bit!!!
So that's it I think.
I just need to combine the different elements which were being developed and edited in parallel, and then we are more or less done

speak soon max

Christophi

Postby Christophi » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:48 pm

Max wrote:Ok, the loop problem seems to be fixed in php7... a tricky little element that bit!!!
So that's it I think.
I just need to combine the different elements which were being developed and edited in parallel, and then we are more or less done

speak soon max

That's great Max, do you know roughly when is going to be available?

Max
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Max » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:26 am

WebYep2 now works and we are testing it on multiple sites to see what issues we have.
The only one that's come up is you will need a server running at least PHP 5.4.x and that version of the WY system takes us up all the way up to the latest PHP 7x , but it won't work on say PHP 5.2
We do now have a version which runs on these early 5's and it even ran on a PHP4 server but that one will not run on PHP 7
So depending on what people need we may need to launch two versions
The downside to this is if you at a later date want to change to a more modern PHP7 environment then some of the code snippets on the web pages will need updating (basically that's the page ini-code and page loops both of which will have to be upgraded.
Launch date is when I can get some free time because it is all working.

Kind regards Max

Christophi

Postby Christophi » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Max wrote:WebYep2 now works and we are testing it on multiple sites to see what issues we have.
The only one that's come up is you will need a server running at least PHP 5.4.x and that version of the WY system takes us up all the way up to the latest PHP 7x , but it won't work on say PHP 5.2
We do now have a version which runs on these early 5's and it even ran on a PHP4 server but that one will not run on PHP 7
So depending on what people need we may need to launch two versions
The downside to this is if you at a later date want to change to a more modern PHP7 environment then some of the code snippets on the web pages will need updating (basically that's the page ini-code and page loops both of which will have to be upgraded.
Launch date is when I can get some free time because it is all working.

Kind regards Max

Looking forward to it, I hope is soon.

Thank you

alexanderhacke

Postby alexanderhacke » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:21 am

Hello Max, thank you, sounds great!

Is it possible to make a easy update of the old WebYep 1 Version with the new coming WebYep 2 php7 Version?

All the best
Alex

PS: If i can help, let me know!

ritasboss

Postby ritasboss » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 am

I keep my fingers crossed since Max' post in december last year :) For me a "PHP-7-Only-Version" would be absolutely sufficient. If updating WY via FTP is possible changing the PHP-Version to 7 would be my second step.

Max
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Max » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:47 am

Hi everyone
just to say I am trying to finish a project that uses the new webyep 2 system and the minute thats done I will go back on full time to launching WY2 syst

as a recap so far I have had no problems running the latest WebYep2 and php7 +
so the minute I am finished on this project then I will get WY2 launched

The minimum you will need to change to use webyep 2 with your old sites is to:
1. rename your old webyep-system folder by placing old in front of it e.g. old-webyep-system
2. upload the new system
3. allow read write permisons on the new webyep2 system data folder
4. fill in the new webyep-system config file
5. copy the old data folder contents and add it to the new system data folder
6. Update the WebYep init code on each php page with a slightly updated version.
7. Finally if you are using loops in your site then you will need to update those code snippets because they have changed substancialy with new code snippets but still keeping the same setting.

After that all old data should just work within the new system.

To get the best out of the new system then updating all the code snippets to the new format is desirable but not essential.. what this will allow is control over the modal window size of each individual webyep element.

kindest regards Max

temmerich

Postby temmerich » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi Max,

that sounds great, i can't wait:) Do you know if an update for the RapidWeaver Stacks from tsooj is planned?

Thanks,
Thomas

Max
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Max » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:43 pm

I need to send Joost a complete updated package because the version he had was not the latest php7 version but I am hoping he will be able to supply all his customers of his Stack at the same time I launch

kind regards max

TheOriginator

Postby TheOriginator » Mon May 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi Max,
Because I have to deliver soon for 2 clients 2 new websites and their host both only support PHP.
I wonder how long does it take to test/launch WY2: hours, days, weeks, 1 month?
Grtz, Frank Verhagen

Return to “WebYep (english)”