Crashing Sharity on OS X 10.6.3

General discussions about Sharity
rc

Crashing Sharity on OS X 10.6.3

Postby rc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:53 pm

I'm running Sharity 3.8 on a OS X 10.6.3 box and experiencing problem with the shares disconnecting.

Even the CIFS mount fails and is forced to disconnect.

The same set up on 10.5.8 works well without any issues.

Is anyone running Sharity 3.8 on snow Leopard successfully?

kiisu

Re: Crashing Sharity on OS X 10.6.3

Postby kiisu » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Nope. Doesn't work with 10.6.4 either.

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Postby christian » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:32 pm

I'm running it on 10.6.3 without problems, but we have reports where it aborts (and thus hangs) from other users. We don't know the cause yet. May be a system limit or a bug in Sharity.

nnim

Postby nnim » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Same here, trouble on Mac OS X 10.6.5. Sharity crashes always if you just tray to connect to an smb share. By the way: Unfortunately, the GUI is more or less useless (crashes by a lot of operations). We would like to use Sharity in the university for al lot of students with mac os x, but a the moment it seems to be too unstable on mac. I have no problem to use it on linux (but more on more students are using mac os x)...

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Postby christian » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:51 am

Are you reporting a crash of Sharity's file system daemon or of the GUI? The GUI is (please forgive me the lack of marketing speech) almost useless on Mac OS X because it crashes often. That's because it has been developed for X-Windows on all the other Unix operating systems. We deliver a Mac binary only because this is the platform we work with.

Unfortunately, we can't easily fix the crashes in the GUI. They occur in a third party framework.

Return to “Sharity General”