MacOSX troubles, very slow initialisation

General discussions about Sharity
jelmerj

MacOSX troubles, very slow initialisation

Postby jelmerj » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:04 am

Hello,

I am trying to get Sharity to work on Mac OS X 10.6.3, and I'm running into problems. When I try to access any share (/CIFS/active_directory for example) for the first time in a session, it is taking extremely long before I get any response. It is taking so long that in a terminal we're seeing "nfs server x-browser:: not responding" messages, and the user is presented with a popup that the filesystem is unresponsiveness and is given the option to unmount the filesystem.
When the first response has come all the following requests work properly and respond fast.

We're using the Mac machine in a Windows 2003 AD, Sharity has been installed with the Kerberos support. The user who has logged in, is a valid AD user (I have been testing with a Domain Admin even, so permissions are not the problem) and receives a valid Kerberos ticket on login.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? In this way the software is not workable.

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: MacOSX troubles, very slow initialisation

Postby christian » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:29 pm

There are many chances for deadlocks between Sharity's user-daemon (sharity-userd), which is responsible for all Kerberos related functionality and the rest of the system. We have spent a lot of time to get around most of them (requiring ugly hacks), but things change in every release.

We may be able to find a workaround if you contact our support.

Return to “Sharity General”