Fail to access DFS folder

General discussions about Sharity
miemcos

Fail to access DFS folder

Postby miemcos » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:34 am

It is found that we are fail to use Sharity3 to access DFS folder (there is no problem to mount/umount the DFS folder). For example, there is no content show by using ls -la command for the DFS mount point

root> ls -la /tmp/test
total 0

But it is working fine to mount the same folder with the same account and password if we bypass DFS. (ie. it is ok to mount directly to the target of the DFS link)

Please kindly advice is there any special setting in sharity3 when using DFS or what is the problem.

Thanks in advanced,
miemcos

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Fail to access DFS folder

Postby christian » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:31 pm

If this is a domain based DFS share on Windows 2008, Sharity currently can't connect it. Please contact our support directly, we have a developer snapshot which fixes the issue. The fix will be in 3.8.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:23 am

Can you please provide the create mount/link syntax to DFS share? No matter how many ways we tried and it says bad share name. UNC has been working fine, no issues. It is all Win2003.

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Postby christian » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:56 am

If this is a domain based DFS share, please use smb://your.domain/share. your.domain should resolve to the IP address of your domain controller and the domain controller should send the appropriate DFS redirection.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:27 pm

i have the problem that i see the DFS Root, can access to the first level and then there are no files or other subfolders and i'am sure that there are files and subfolders ;-). I'am using Version 3.8 (evalversion) with OSX 10.6.

Thank's for help

LineaEwers

Postby LineaEwers » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:39 pm

I have the same problem!

annieoroberts

Postby annieoroberts » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:03 pm

1.Right-click your Dfs Root name and then click New Dfs Link.
2.Right-click \\Reskit.com\Books.
3.Click New Dfs Link.
4.Specify a directory for the link name. In this example, call the link name ART. Locate a valid Windows 2000 share anywhere on your network, and type the full universal naming convention (UNC) name in the Send the user to this network path box. Alternatively, you can browse for it. In our example, this is the Architecture share on the BR3-VAN-SRV-01 server in the Vancouver domain.
5.Click OK. You can optionally specify a comment and a time-out value. The time-out value is the number of non-use seconds that individual clients have to cache the referral, after which they must retrieve a fresh referral from one of the hosting Dfs servers.
6.Click OK

Return to “Sharity General”