Run LaunchBar from command line

General discussions about LaunchBar
Alibiy

Run LaunchBar from command line

Post by Alibiy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:52 pm

I have command "open -a LaunchBar". This command opens LaunchBar app. This is not the same thing as opening the LaunchBar using the keyboard shortcut , because in this case, the LaunchBar is opened on top of the current application.What i need to write in the terminal to open an LaunchBar in exactly the same way as if I pressed the shortcut?

ratty
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Run LaunchBar from command line

Post by ratty » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:01 pm

It is the same thing. When you press the shortcut, it does open in the top of current window. Can tell happen when you use the shortcut, and what you expect?

You can also use URL commands to open specific thing in LB like,

Code: Select all

open "x-launchbar:large-type?string=Hello+World"
will send string "Hello World" to Show in Large Type action.

Alibiy

Post by Alibiy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:15 pm

I make a shortcut that runs the command "open -a LaunchBar". Everything works except the Instant Send by pressing and holding the shortcut, when a file is selected in the Finder.

ratty
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ratty » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:48 pm

Well yeah, you never pass the selected file in the finder with the command. You would have to do something like:

Code: Select all

open -a LaunchBar $(osascript 'return (POSIX path of (tell application "Finder" to get selection))')

Why are you invoking from command line anyways? Just use the designated shortcuts. It's like going to New York from California by going west.

Alibiy

Post by Alibiy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:16 am

After starting LaunchBar I needed to automatically switch input source into english. I did this with Karabiner.