How do you open a folder in the finder?!?!

General discussions about LaunchBar
outrigger999

How do you open a folder in the finder?!?!

Post by outrigger999 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:11 am

This worked in previous version of LaunchBar the way I expected but has changed with 6.4.1 (perhaps version 6). On some occasions I want to open the 'Applications' folder and not launch something specific in it. When I try to do this by typing in ...App...it selects the correct folder but hitting return causes it to list the applications in the folder (within LaunchBar) and not to open the folder itself. This is how it used to work however I cannot for the life of me figure out what has changed. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks....

outrigger999

Re: How do you open a folder in the finder?!?!

Post by outrigger999 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Does no one know how to do this or is the so drop dead simple that I'm crazy for asking the question? If know one knows then I'll need to downgrade.

Greg Jones
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Greg Jones » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:00 pm

When you have selected a folder in LaunchBar, tab key, then select Open in Finder.

ratty
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ratty » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:26 pm

It's ↩ (Enter). It doesn't browse for me in LaunchBar, for that I have to press SpaceBar. It must be your setting, that's causing this.
You can use ⌘⌃→ (Right arrow) to open up the contextual menu, so you can see the shortcuts for available commands, and use them.

davemee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by davemee » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:10 pm

ratty wrote:You can use ⌘⌃→ (Right arrow) to open up the contextual menu, so you can see the shortcuts for available commands, and use them.

... that's new on me. Thanks for sharing!