Using Airmail 2 as mail client

General discussions about LaunchBar
JeffLambert670

Using Airmail 2 as mail client

Post by JeffLambert670 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi,

I'm looking in the preferences and all I see is Airmail, not Airmail 2. How do I set Airmail 2 as the default mail client when using Launchbar, which doesn't respect my choice made in Mail.app, default mail client.

TIA

bernd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Using Airmail 2 as mail client

Post by bernd » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:47 am

Just tested: Over here LaunchBar respects the default email client set as a preference in Apple Mail.

My settings:

In LaunchBar > Preferences > Actions > Options > Create emails with: 'Automatic (Mail)'
(I guess it's important to set the choice to 'Automatic (Mail)' instead of 'Mail', which is also offered.)

In Apple Mail > Preferences > Genereal > Default email reader > Airmail 2

Now when I create a new email via LaunchBar's built-in action 'Compose email', Airplane 2 launches with a new message window . LaunchBar also displays the correct application icon for Airmail 2.

LaunchBar_Airmail2.jpg
LaunchBar_Airmail2.jpg (8.68 KiB) Viewed 2565 times

(OS 10.10.1, LaunchBar 6.1.5)

JeffLambert670

Re: Using Airmail 2 as mail client

Post by JeffLambert670 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:35 pm

This only works if you use the compose mail action, it doesn't work if you want to send a file for example, where it will NOT honor the fact that I have set the email client to be Airmail 2 in Mail prefs.

How long can this be to just add Airmail 2 in the list and release it in the next .x.x release?

Jeff