LB opened Applications folder is empty

General discussions about LaunchBar
pgt

LB opened Applications folder is empty

Post by pgt » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:59 pm

This has been bugging me for most of a year (through various updates of the LB, OS X, etc.):

When I open my applications folder using Launchbar, it appears empty. It's just a finder widow at that point, so it shouldn't be influenced by LB. B

If I open the Applications folder other ways (without LB), it is populated with applications as it should be. Haven't seen this problem with any other window. If got quite a few Apps in the folder, but not a crazy amount.

I'm not sure what's limiting this. Spotlight seems to be index OK, etc. What am I missing? Thanks

rdonle

Re: LB opened Applications folder is empty

Post by rdonle » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:58 pm

I think you might be opening the Applications directory in your home folder (~/Applications) instead of the system-level Applications folder (/Applications). You could test this by launching LaunchBar and typing "TEXTED" to find the TextEdit application, then hitting left arrow to move up in the folder hierarchy to find Applications, then hitting return. You should get the main/system Applications folder instead.

You're likely getting ~/Applications in the list from the "Home ~" indexing rule in LaunchBar. If you want, you could probably add the /Applications folder as a folder, then turn off searching of subfolders for that rule. Then the /Applications folder would appear in LB results with the Applications icon made out of the ruler/pencil/paintbrush.

pgt

Re: LB opened Applications folder is empty

Post by pgt » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:08 am

Thanks, that helped. ...was pretty obvious in retrospect.