1Password integration broken in Yosemite and LB

General discussions about LaunchBar
chadbush

Re: 1Password integration broken in Yosemite and LB

Post by chadbush » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:05 am

I also have this problem. Like in the screenshot in the post above, I noticed that the 1Password icon under the broken Bookmarks section in the index is the old icon, from a previous version of 1Password long ago removed from my system.

I'm also using 1Password 5.0 (App Store version) and LB 6.1.3

pjm

Post by pjm » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:32 pm

add me to the list. Yosemite, 1Password MAS version and latest LB. The bookmarks-json file from 1P seems to be alright, this written correct.

thymara

Post by thymara » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:02 pm

5.0.2 has made it to MAS, hopefully this resolves everyone's issue

Post by 1334 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:06 pm

not for me.
LaunchBar's index is still empty

chadbush

Post by chadbush » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:00 am

Me too. I've updated to 1Password 5.0.2 on the MAS, and nothing has changed. I wish I never would have gotten used to the convenience of having my 1Password bookmarks integrated with LB. I got used to it, loved it, and now it's gone, with no reply from the devs when or if it'll be back.

Alexjw

Post by Alexjw » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:28 am

Same here, was probably my most used feature of launchbar. Since Yosemite its completely broken. Updated to MAS 5.0.2 this morning and still doesn't work :(

thymara

Post by thymara » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:05 pm

I notice that there has been no explanation for what troubleshooting techniques were employed by those that cannot get this to work.

Presumably such things as deleting 1password as a third party app followed by adding it back in and reindexing has been tried and shown to be insufficient.

rdonle

Post by rdonle » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:10 pm

thymara, I'm seeing the same issue with LaunchBar 6.1.3 [6110] and 1Password MAS 5.0.2 (502006).

• I've definitely deleted and re-added the "1Password Bookmarks" indexing rule, and tried many updates of the rule-- as if it would finally work if I clicked it enough times.
  • I've enabled/disabled the "Enable integration with 3rd party apps" option in the advanced tab of the 1Password preferences. I've even disabled it, performed the above LB step, then reenabled it and performed the LB step again, to no avail.
  • I'm able to find 1Password's "bookmark-defaults.json". For me it appears at

Code: Select all

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/3rd\ Party\ Integration/bookmarks-default.json
    . The "Containers" directory is a new thing for me; maybe LaunchBar is looking for it someplace else too?
  • I too am seeing the "old" 1Password icon (the diagonal key) in the LaunchBar indexing rule screen, whereas users whose LaunchBar is properly indexing their 1Password bookmarks see the "new" keyhole 1Password icon.
Is there any other troubleshooting I can do to see why LB can't find the bookmarks?

Barring that, does anybody know of any way to extract the bookmark list from 1Password and make it an indexed rule in LB?

thymara

Post by thymara » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:32 pm

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/3rd Party Integration/bookmarks-default.json

not sure why mine are still in what looks like an old file but everything I create, with a possible exception today, appears in there and LaunchBar has access

rdonle

Post by rdonle » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:45 pm

Ah, that explains a lot-- it's a sandboxing thing:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/security/Conceptual/AppSandboxDesignGuide/AppSandboxInDepth/AppSandboxInDepth.html

When 1Password is a MAS application, it has to be sandboxed, thus the obscured "Containers" directory that holds the bookmarks-default.json. I'm guessing the LaunchBar indexing rule for for the 1Password file isn't looking in Containers directory, just in the original directory.

rdonle

Post by rdonle » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:18 am

I haven't been able to figure out where LaunchBar is looking for the 1Password bookmarks. I tried copying and soft-linking the 1Password subdirectories in my Containers directory to various places in ~/Library/Application Support, but refreshing the 1Password Bookmarks indexing rule never found any bookmarks.

I've finally given up and written a quick perl script to extract the bookmarks from the bookmarks-default.json file and write a bookmarks file that I added to LB's indexing rules as a "Custom HTML Bookmarks File...". This JSON to HTML conversion script probably exists elsewhere but I couldn't find it.

Note sure if this will help anybody, as you'll need to at least:
  • install JSON::Parse with `sudo cpan -i JSON::Parse`
  • Modify the script in line 3 to point to your 1Password container directory. I found mine by clicking on the "Show Files" button in the backups tab of the 1Password preferences.
  • Put the script someplace like ~/Library/Scripts. The output file ('1p-bookmarks.html') will appear there, and you'll need to point LaunchBar to that file when you add the Custom HTML Bookmarks File.
  • Make the file executable (`chmod +x convert-1P-bookmarks-to-LB.pl`) and run it to generate the bookmarks file. Refresh (or add if you haven't already) the indexing rule in LB.
  • You'll need to re-teach LB all of your abbreviations, since these are new rules to LB.

Use at your own peril, it's a quick hack...

#!/usr/bin/env perl -w
use JSON::Parse 'json_file_to_perl';
my $p = json_file_to_perl ("/Users/rdonle/Library/Containers/7BUWWDC4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/3rd\ Party\ Integration/bookmarks-default.json");
die "File not specified or unparseable." unless $p;
my $outfile = '1p-bookmarks.html';
open(my $fh, '>', $outfile) or die "Could not open file '$outfile' $!";
print $fh <<EOF;
!DOCTYPE NETSCAPE-Bookmark-file-1>
<HTML>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<Title>1Password Bookmarks</Title>
<H1>Bookmarks</H1>
EOF
foreach my $row (@$p) {
   my $name = @$row[1];
   my $url = @$row[2];
   $url = "http://$url" unless $url =~ m/^https?:\/\//i;
   print "Adding $name ($url)...\n";
   print $fh "<A HREF=\"$url\">$name</A>\n";
}
print $fh "</HTML>\n";
close $fh;
print "Done.\n";

pjm

Post by pjm » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:19 am

I have the bookmarks file in the path /Users/peter/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/3rd Party Integration/bookmarks-default.json as well.

It would be nice if someone from the LB Team could shed a light as to where LB is looking for that file and if they would integrate a possibility to tell LB where that file is.

greetings
Peter

chadbush

Post by chadbush » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:10 am

We haven't heard from the LB devs here directly, but I did file a support ticket and received a reply from LB that they're aware of this issue and a promise that it'll be fixed in the next update to LB. I'd rather wait for that than try one of these crazy hacks to work around the problem (although it is tempting), even though 1P bookmarks is for me too an important feature that I really miss right now.

rdonle

Post by rdonle » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:47 am

LaunchBar autoupdate offered me version 6.1.4 today, which promised (among other things) a "Fix for 1Password 5 integration". But when I went to "Install Update", I got a server error, and now the update check insists that 6.1.3 is the latest version. I have to guess that Obdev pulled the 6.1.4 release today, but will soon have it to us and fix the 1Password problem.

Update: Should have read the twitter feed first: https://twitter.com/launchbar/status/532226164585410560

kastorff
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kastorff » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:27 am

Version 6.1.5 fixed the issue for me. Really missed the 1Password integration.