LaunchBar stays on screen after Google search

General discussions about LaunchBar
Stormchild

LaunchBar stays on screen after Google search

Post by Stormchild » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:50 pm

As of some recent update, when I do a Google search with LaunchBar, after pressing return to perform the search in Safari, the LaunchBar window stays on screen. I have to press [esc] twice to get rid of it, every single time. Obviously this can't be the intended behavior, but is it a known issue, or only happening for me?

Version 6.1 nightly (6102)

Tele_Pet

Re: LaunchBar stays on screen after Google search

Post by Tele_Pet » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:21 am

It happens for me as well, though seemingly intermittently.

Stormchild

Post by Stormchild » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:17 am

Yeah, I'm seeing it on-and-off too. Yesterday I replaced my local copy of LaunchBar on my laptop with the one from my iMac (even though it may have been nearly — or exactly — the same version), and the problem went away, but then I started noticing it on the iMac itself. Based on that I would guess it had nothing to do with replacing LaunchBar.app, and was probably just fixed (temporarily) by simply restarting the app.

Next time you notice the problem, see if quitting and re-launching LaunchBar fixes it, and then we'll have something a bit more tangible to report to the devs.

Tele_Pet

Post by Tele_Pet » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Darn-- just saw that there was a LaunchBar update today-- August 26, 2014. It looks to be Version 6.1 (6103). I tried running the Google search after installing and restarting the LB app but, sadly, the issue persists. I think I'll attempt a few more restarts of LB app and even the computer to see if the issue persists. If so, I guess I'll be running the 'Send LaunchBar Feedback' action. On the plus side, I've great experience with their support so far.

Kepi

Post by Kepi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Came to the forums to report this and found the existing thread.

What seems to trigger it is if I type too fast. Specifically, if you type your query and hit return before the search suggestions have appeared. It looks like when LaunchBar finally displays the search suggestions, it brings the window back up (you can see that it very briefly disappears before reappearing).

Kepi

Post by Kepi » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:26 am

Still happens with 6.1.2.

devananda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by devananda » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:39 pm

This happens to me too.

Activate google > search type query > press return > and one of two things happens:

1.) LB stays activated and nothing happens

Or

2.) Switches to firefox and LB bar is still there and nothing happens in firefox

User needs to activate LB again which brings the same google search and press return again. This activates firefox and the search window.

Seems like a bug to me and should be addressed.