NO APPS APPEAR

General discussions about LaunchBar
jazzyguy
Rank 3
Rank 3

NO APPS APPEAR

Post by jazzyguy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:07 am

I brought my Mac to an APPLESTORE (Franchise) and now it won't index my apps. I asked it to index my apps in the menu bar but it doesn't.

devananda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: NO APPS APPEAR

Post by devananda » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:49 pm

did you go to Index>show index>

And click applications at the top?

Did you then click options and make sure the folders that house your apps are there?

you could try clicking the minus sign then adding the folders again (with the plus sign).

jazzyguy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: NO APPS APPEAR

Post by jazzyguy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:53 am

Let me 'splain ya as they say in Phillytown . The app LAUNCH BAR Disabled my ability to get my apps.There was no way I could get the app to restore the apps. Let us say I don't know of any way to get it to restore. The app put an icon indicating it was not going to restore my apps.I got a new app from Launch Bar and I got a Reg # which I carefully put in my documents. The reason it disabled my ability to launch my apps is because at the time I launched my external drive which is a clone of my internal drive,all of a sudden 4 updates wanted my attention.I tried to delay them but all of a sudden 3 of them went off without any explanation. Then Launch Bar went off and told me that it was barring me from getting my apps by shutting off that portion of its ability to get apps.What could I do? I found a remedy by installing a new Launch Bar.If you ask me my opinion is that it indexes to often. Every time I am doing something important it is indexing. I think that is too often INMHOP,