Help with installing actions

General discussions about LaunchBar
Allsop
Rank 1
Rank 1

Help with installing actions

Post by Allsop » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:55 am

I am relatively new to using LB for Mac and have come across an action in this forum which I would very much like to install, (prenagha’s action in his post viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8990) but am stuck on how to do it. So far I have downloaded, installed & set up the Github app and downloaded the action but do not know what to do next. Can anyone help please? Many thanks.

soniccat

Re: Help with installing actions

Post by soniccat » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:18 pm

Double click on *.lbaction file. Confirm the next installation window. Then launch laucnhbar and type command name "Set a Timer" for example, you should see new action. Press enter and time when alarm should fire "after 5 sec" for example

Allsop
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Allsop » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Thanks for this, but still can not get it. On double clicking I get a window open up with a list of actions by prenagha and after finding the right action I want in the right hand window appears a load of code, I have tried doble clicking on the action name but nothing happens. I must be doing something wrong. Thanks for help.

soniccat

Post by soniccat » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:22 pm

It seems that you are working with all this stuff using github app. Go to https://github.com/prenagha/launchbar and try to just download actions on your computer by pressing Download Zip button at the right edge of the screen. You will see it if you scroll at the top of the page.

Allsop
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Allsop » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:14 pm

Thanks, got it. From your comments do I gather that there is a way to do it independently of github? This may be useful to know for future refetene. Thanks agan for your help. :)

soniccat

Post by soniccat » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:00 pm

In this case no because the author of the actions decided to store all actions only on github. He could upload it in a different place as well. But github is much more useful for developing because there you will get the latest version.

Allsop
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Allsop » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Thanks sonnicat.