GOODBYE LB6

General discussions about LaunchBar
Conheim

Re: GOODBYE LB6

Post by Conheim » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:24 pm

I had quite a lot of support queries and bug reports over the last months and they always answered within a few days or even within hours.

davemee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by davemee » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Yup, I too have found them really helpful. A feature I asked for magically appeared within days in the 6.0.1 update. For me, that's unprecedented.

I used to have a 500mb footprint with LB5. I checked what I was indexing and found a lot of stuff I wasn't interested in, or not using any more (spotlight is a better file search tool, IMHO) - this brought my memory use down to around 200mb, which was acceptable to me.

Walter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Walter » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:45 pm

And ?

So why do they host this forum if they don't read the comments users offer freely ?

manfred
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by manfred » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:58 pm

We try our best, but the forum is not the right place if you rely on an answer from us. As you can read in the guidelines,
the forums are meant as place to talk with other users about our applications, discuss ideas and more. Let us know about
important things via E-Mail or Twitter and you should receive an answer within a day. And if a reply takes longer it has
nothing to do with disrespect but just the fact that dealing with hundreds of emails and being productive isn't always the
easiest task. And by the way, not participating in discussions here, doesn't mean we don't read and value all of them!

Keep up with your feedback – you guys rock!

lrivers

Post by lrivers » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:36 am

People don't come to support forums to shower praise on products as a rule. I was looking for something else when I saw this thread. I'm sure the pain y'all are experiencing is real, but I have had nothing but a good experience with LB6 and paid for the upgrade as soon as I was aware it was available.

Not everyone is having a bad time with the new version.

Cabinda

Post by Cabinda » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:27 pm

lrivers wrote:People don't come to support forums to shower praise on products as a rule.

Maybe you're right. But, on the other hand, many people don't have the knowledge and patience to report technical bugs in forums. So, there are people having a bad time who are not expressing themselves. Also, some bugs are hard to diagnose: if you see Safari launching on itself, or if you see "com.apple.IconServicesAgent" eating all your memory, you have to do quite some analysis until you determine that Launchbar is the cause of those problems. I've the done the analysis and I've confronted my experience with others in here, and I have to say Launchbar 6 is not a polished product. Those two problems that I mentionned (the Safari launch and the memory-consuming Icon calls) are very severe in my opinion, and make the product almost unusable.