Activate new text-transformation actions?

General discussions about LaunchBar
JoeGermuska

Activate new text-transformation actions?

Post by JoeGermuska » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:59 pm

The LB 6.0.1 release notes mention new text-transformation actions, including sort lines, which is something I'd like to have.

I can't figure out how to activate the feature. If I paste multiple lines of text, I get the icon that shows I'm in text processing, but if I type 'space', I get something to select from the lines. If I pick a specific line, I can get uppercase and lowercase, but I don't see anything to operate on all the lines.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

swilcox

Re: Activate new text-transformation actions?

Post by swilcox » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:53 am

Not sure if this is the best/intended use, but I select and then send some text to LB (QuickSend), then type "Convert" to bring up the available convert actions. Select one (e.g., Title Case). It does that on the text I Quick Sent to LB. Then copy, and paste back into the application (which of course has to be able to accept text input).

JoeGermuska

Post by JoeGermuska » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:45 pm

@swilcox - that sounds close to what I'm trying to do, but...

when I type 'convert' I only get applications with that in the name, not any text conversion options; even if I type 'case' I don't get that option.

The only way I see the case conversion options is if, when I have a single line of text in LaunchBar, I type 'space'. This converts launchbar into a text editing field, and also shows upper and lower case as menu options below the field.

I'm definitely using LB 6.0.1.

bkpr

Post by bkpr » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:17 pm

I'm having the same issue: the only options I have are UPPERCASE, lowercase, and Titlecase.