Clipboard History Management

General discussions about LaunchBar
jswright61

Clipboard History Management

Post by jswright61 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:13 pm

You may have seen my previous post regarding item limit in clipboard history. This is somewhat related.
I would like better management of clips, which would cut down on the number of clips I need.
I have messed around with clip settings and I cannot seem to get the behavior I'm looking for.

If I have my clip action set to paste, and I paste item 31 from the history, it stays at item 31 and gets pasted. If I have action set to copy and paste, it gets put at item one and gets bumped down 1 to item 32, pushing previous item 40 off the history. Worse still, if action set to copy paste, and I paste item 1, it gets duplicated and now is at item 1 and 2, pushing old item 40 out of history.

My preferred behavior would be if I paste item n, n gets deleted from history and added at position 1, thus leaving the same 40 items in history with item n moved to the top. This would keep the most recently used items in my history without duplicating items.

If there is a way to accomplish this, please let me know, otherwise please consider this a feature request.

Thanks,

Scott

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Clipboard History Management

Post by norbert » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:59 am

jswright61 wrote:If I have action set to copy and paste, it gets put at item one and gets bumped down 1 to item 32, pushing previous item 40 off the history. Worse still, if action set to copy paste, and I paste item 1, it gets duplicated and now is at item 1 and 2, pushing old item 40 out of history.

My preferred behavior would be if I paste item n, n gets deleted from history and added at position 1, thus leaving the same 40 items in history with item n moved to the top. This would keep the most recently used items in my history without duplicating items.

This sounds like a bug. The Clipboard History should NEVER contain duplicates. Regardless of the chosen action ("Paste" or "Copy and Paste"), retrieving an existing item from the history should never remove some other item from the list. Only when a new (different) item arrives, the oldest entry gets removed.

Please contact our tech support so we can investigate why you get these unwanted duplicates.