Adding a new program for opening a file

General discussions about LaunchBar
bocaboy

Adding a new program for opening a file

Post by bocaboy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:48 pm

I'd like to add a program (Photoshop) to the list of programs with which I can open a JPG, but I don't see how to do that. The current default is to send the file to a program called ViewIt, and I don't want to change that association. There are, however, times when I want to take the file into Photoshop for editing. Can someone point me in the right direction of how to add Photoshop to the list of programs that appear?

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Adding a new program for opening a file

Post by norbert » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:43 am

So when you select a JPG document in LaunchBar and press Tab you do NOT see Photoshop in the list of suggested targets?

gillibrand

Re: Adding a new program for opening a file

Post by gillibrand » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:00 am

Photoshop should be there (assuming it's installed into /Applications or some other reasonable place). I do this all the time: ⌘-space (long hold) on something in the Finder, type "PS" or similar for Photoshop (Acorn, Pixelmator, whatever), and `Return` to open it. If you don't see Photoshop listed, it's possible it's just way down the list. Just down-arrow enough until you see it. LaunchBar will remember it as your preferred image application from then on and list it earlier.