itunes and growl integration

General discussions about LaunchBar

itunes and growl integration

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:21 am

Hi,

Is it possible to get Launchbar to show the artist and title of the songs played in iTunes, like when iTunes moves to the next song in the playlist?

thanks

adman635

Post by adman635 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:41 am

Google search for synergy: cross-application short-cuts for itunes as well as a growl-like floater that'll display songs and tracks. i have command+option+space as play/pause, and then the arrows as next/last track - up is go to itunes and down is show floater. works quite well.

Dennis
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: itunes and growl integration

Post by Dennis » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:52 am

Anonymous wrote:Is it possible to get Launchbar to show the artist and title of the songs played in iTunes, like when iTunes moves to the next song in the playlist?

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can bring iTunes up on LaunchBar and then hit the right arrow key. LaunchBar will show the current song and artist.

Hope this helps.

-Dennis

adman635

Post by adman635 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:54 am

On this note, if you lookup KeyRemap4Macbook (or variations) with Google, you'll come across a very cool application. I remapped my "enter" key (near the arrows keys) to be command+control. Then in Synergy I have enter+arrows bound to next/previous track, show the floater, and play/pause. I have all my iTunes controls now easy to access with a single hand. Terribly awesome. Can also set enter+12345 to ratings and . for shuffle and / for repeat.