ClipMerge not working on Mavericks?

General discussions about LaunchBar
bkpr

ClipMerge not working on Mavericks?

Post by bkpr » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:33 pm

Hey!

Just wanted to check whether anyone else if having a problem with ClipMerge on Mavericks? I've searched the forums but haven't found an answer. Simply, the ClipMerge feature (which is awesome) isn't working for me since upgrading to Mavericks. I'm command-Cing, then command -CCing and it trusts the CC as a C. There's an alert next to the checkbox for the feature in LaunchBar prefs, which when clicked tells me to allow LB in accessibility settings. After doing this, I quit/restart LB and nothing is enabled. LaunchBar still appears in the accessibility settings.

LaunchBar Version 5.6.1 (1019)
OS X 10.9 (13A603)

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Last edited by bkpr on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ptim
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: ClipMerge not working on Mavericks?

Post by ptim » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:13 pm

yup, I'm experiencing this, too..

As I hit Cmd CC, I see the edit menu (where the Copy menu item is) flash blue twice... (maybe that always happened?)
Anyhow, only one item, and no merge is produced in the clipboard.

also:
LaunchBar Version 5.6.1 (1019)
OS X 10.9 (13A603)

ptim
Rank 2
Rank 2

Resolved!

Post by ptim » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:26 pm

got a reply from support, who advised:

Can you please do the following:

- Uncheck LaunchBar in the System Preferences > Security & Privacy tab > Accessibility
- Uncheck ClipMerge in LaunchBar > Preferences > Clipboard History
- enable ClipMerge again (You should see the yellow warning sign then)
- enable again at System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility
- disable and enable ClipMerge again (You should now >not< see the yellow warning sign again)

Worked for me!

caleb.land

Post by caleb.land » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:57 pm

I'm also having trouble with ClipMerge on Mavericks. I have two other Mavericks machines where ClipMerge works correctly, but on my MacBook Air I can't get it to work.

I've tried the steps outlined above (disabling accessibility access, disabling clip merge, then enabling both again) with success. I've rebooted.
I don't think I have any other programs running that would conflict (I do have TextExpander, but I have that on my other machines too).

The clipboard history features all work fine, so that's good!

Any help would be appreciated, I don't like having to copy/paste like a caveman :)

bkpr

Post by bkpr » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I've tried the steps outlined but it didn't work for me.
We use Home Sync at work — wonder if this is affecting it in some way? (Although it was working before Mavericks, so not sure about that one).

Any other ideas?

bkpr

Post by bkpr » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:51 am

I just noticed the version of LaunchBar on my MacBook is Version 5.6 (1018). I'll take this version into work tomorrow to see if it changes anything with ClipMerge…

***UPDATE***
I replaced v5.6.1 with v5.6 from my MacBook Air and ClipMerge works now (awesome). Maybe the devs can pinpoint the issue with something that changed between releases? In any event, I will keep v5.6 in storage in case the next release doesn't work for me.

UncleRic

Post by UncleRic » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:55 pm

Environment: MacBookPro Retina with OS X 10.9.1.
Launchbar v5.6.2

Every time I log into my account I get the request alert to access my accessibility.
I followed the solutions stated earlier: accessing accessibility (privacy) and selecting Launchbar.
But this has NO effect.

Looks like version v5.6.2 has is buggy for OS X 10.9.1 "Mavaricks".
Attachments
burp.tiff
burp.tiff (125.61 KiB) Viewed 4213 times

bkpr

Post by bkpr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:11 pm

Hey all.

Just chiming in to say ClipMerge is working for me in LaunchBar v5.6.2 (1020) on Mavericks 10.9.1. I downloaded a fresh of the app version form the Obdev website (didn't do the update through the app itself).
I'm keeping v5.6 around just in case something happens. It would be handy to know whether the devs did something to address/repair this, or whether it was a glitchy install or my system that were causing issues.