LB in Leopard

General discussions about LaunchBar
veke
Rank 2
Rank 2

LB in Leopard

Post by veke » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:51 am

Any chance we could have the LB dropdown look like the new menu bar in Leopard? It looks a bit odd having it drop down from the menu bar and it being Leopardgrey. Thanks!

Six

Post by Six » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:55 am

I prefer having the choice of choosing the colour of the LauchBar.

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:34 pm

Six wrote:I prefer having the choice of choosing the colour of the LauchBar.

That's how we'll address this issue. The next LaunchBar version will allow you to subtly adjust the background color of the bar to match the current look of the menu bar.

Using transparency (as in the Leopard menu bar) is not an option in this case, since there might be other windows beneath LaunchBar, and this would make the bar look pretty weird and the text might become much worse readable. The Leopard menu bar doesn't suffer from this problem, since it's not possible to put windows underneath.

Leopard

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:38 am

I would disagree. The drop down menus in Leopard are somewhat transparent and seem to look fine. Perhaps it would be possible to match the transparency and color of the drop down menus?

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:15 pm

The drop down menus in Leopard are indeed much less transparent than the menu bar to counter the before mentioned issues with windows lying behind the menu.

As you may have noticed, the current appearance of LaunchBar's search result menu (that drops down when you type an abbreaviation) mimics the look of a regular drop down menu, while the bar mimics the look of a window title bar.

If we would use the drop down menu look for the bar as well, the bar and the menu would look exactly the same, so these two different parts of the interface would become less distinguishable.