Request: ForkLift support

General discussions about LaunchBar
matt_good

Request: ForkLift support

Postby matt_good » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:08 am

ForkLift is a file manager for the Mac:
http://www.binarynights.com/

Can this be added to the supported file manager options?

superduperjacob

Re: Request: ForkLift support

Postby superduperjacob » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:39 am

matt_good wrote:ForkLift is a file manager for the Mac:
http://www.binarynights.com/

Can this be added to the supported file manager options?

I second this request. Just downloaded beta 2 of ForkLift 1.5, and it is an amazing piece of software! Go have a look and download it at http://www.binarynights.com/blog/?p=38
Please add it as a file manager in LaunchBar - thanks in advance!

r.izumita

Postby r.izumita » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:32 am

I'd like the LaunchBar to support the ForkLift as the file browser too.

This request was posted at 2008.
How is the state of the request?

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Postby norbert » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:37 pm

It seems that ForkLift unfortunately doesn't provide any AppleScript (or other) API that would allow us to get or set the current selection.

sampler

Postby sampler » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:11 pm

According to a ForkLift forum post by one of the devs on June 15, they won't even think about supporting AppleScript until after Version 2 is released. So ForkLift users, make your wishes for LaunchBar integration known to the FL developers!

Steven

derdiplomat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby derdiplomat » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:49 pm

This is a pretty old thread and and it's kind of sad. I never bothered with that option since I was happy with the standard Apple Finder. But it's now 2011 and Apple made some rather drastic changes going monochrome. I bet the conversion rate to alternative Finders will be higher than before. I just switched to Forklift 2 since Path Finders feature set was to bulky for me, it was a small shock to discover that only Path Finder is supported in LaunchBar. I'll email the support directly since this topic is obviously in a state of hibernation.

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Postby norbert » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:01 am

Unfortunately, ForkLift still doesn't provide any means to access the currently selected file or folder. As of ForkLift 2.0.8, there is still no AppleScript support and no Services support. As a consequence we cannot integrate ForkLift with LaunchBar, since we won't be able to figure out what's currently selected in ForkLift, nor could we implement things like "Show in ForkLift".

invictus26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby invictus26 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:13 am

I'd also like to request this. They just released version 3, which is really great. It doesn't look like they have AppleScript support, but couldn't you just do something like this instead?

Code: Select all

open ~/Downloads -a /Applications/ForkLift.app
That works in terminal. Explicitly sending a directory to ForkLift with LaunchBar also works, so it seems like this should be possible.

invictus26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby invictus26 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:17 am

Is there any update on this? I'd at least be able to set ForkLift as the default file browser so I can just hit return and have folders opened with ForkLift. As I said before, I can already send folders to ForkLift manually from LB using "Open with ForkLift", but that's an extra step.

Return to “LaunchBar General”