LB and Open/Save Dialogs

General discussions about LaunchBar
pgt

LB and Open/Save Dialogs

Post by pgt » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:17 am

Is there a way to use LB to navigate locations in open/save dialog boxes?

Say you created a new word processor document and then want to "save as" to a particular location. Sometimes finding this location with the navigation tools provided in OS X's open/save dialogs is pretty tedious. I know there are other apps to help with this (e.g. Default Folder X), but LB would save more time.

ludwigschubert
Rank 4
Rank 4

Drag and Drop works beautifully!

Post by ludwigschubert » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:46 pm

I just "save as …" then search for the folder in LaunchBar and drag it to the save window.

If somebody knows of a solution that doesn't require the mouse, I'd be interested in hearing about it :-)

regards,
L

backelin

Post by backelin » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:07 am

Two years I ago asked about a feature that would let me use the keyboard to make Launchbar "drop" whatever it was holding into the open/save dialog, without having to use the mouse to drag.
Norbert kindly supplied a new key command, shift-command-C, that lets you drop the folder path at the cursor position. So if you bring up the "Go to folder"-dialog (shift-command-G, at least on a Swedish system) whilst in an open/save-dialog, you can then navigate using Launchbar and drop the path using shift-command-C into it. Even though it requires a few extra key combos than my original intentions I use it all the time.

/T