Duplicate contacts in Launchbar after installing Mtn Lion

General discussions about LaunchBar
joshfreeman

Duplicate contacts in Launchbar after installing Mtn Lion

Post by joshfreeman » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:27 pm

After installing Mountain Lion and setting up iCloud, I found I had duplicate records in my Contacts list in Launchbar. These were not duplicated (visibly, anyway) in Contacts.app. But in trying to fix this, I found Contacts had some duplicate fields in it, due to some sync problems with iCloud.

I cleaned those up by deleting the local Groups in Contacts and turning off the "On My Mac" database. I'm now relying on my iCloud data. So far, so good.

But even though Contacts was now correct, Launchbar continued to show the duplicated Contact cards.

• I looked at the Index in Launchbar and used the Update button several times (with and without the contacts selected). No luck.
• I used "Custom Address Book File" to reselect "Contacts.app". No luck.
• I did a "Get Info" to see if the information indicated the duplicate names came from different sources (they appear to be identical). No luck.

Then….
• I set the address book to Entourage, let it reindex it (I only had 4 contacts in it because I don't use it).
• Then I quit Launchbar, letting it save the new settings.
• I relaunched Launchbar and switched the address book back to OSX Contacts.

FIXED!

madkoch

Re: Duplicate contacts in Launchbar after installing Mtn Lio

Post by madkoch » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Is there a way to fix this without running Entourage, which is not installed on my computer, running OS 10.8.3?
All my contacts show up as duplicates in Launchbar but nowhere else.
Thanks
Madeline

Timothy Senkungu

Re: Duplicate contacts in Launchbar after installing Mtn Lio

Post by Timothy Senkungu » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Just delete the contacts index using the button in the toolbar and click the plus sign under the list of indexes to add it back in and you should be good. It worked for me.