Launchbar not working right after upgrade to Mountain Lion

General discussions about LaunchBar
jonahlee

Launchbar not working right after upgrade to Mountain Lion

Post by jonahlee » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:03 pm

I am running Launchbar 5.2, and after upgrading to Mountain Lion, while I can activate Launchbar, it seems to only be seeing searches, and not my applications, so none of my keyboard shortcuts work. I am having it Re-Index my applications to see if that helps, but I come to realize how much I rely on Launchbar! Having to go find apps is so slow! Ha!

Greg Jones
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Launchbar not working right after upgrade to Mountain Lion

Post by Greg Jones » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Give it some time. I saw the same behavior here for a little bit, but now that Spotlight has finished reindexing the drive LaunchBar finds my applications just fine.

jlbang

Post by jlbang » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:13 pm

I must've been having the same issue. Once Spotlight finished indexing (it only finished after one extra reboot, weirdly) LaunchBar continued indexing for maybe another 5 or 10 minutes (with a progress bar that showed no progress the whole time) and then it suddenly finished and now it's fine.

That wasn't a pleasant experience, but it's working. Perhaps something can still be improved upon there?

PackDude

Post by PackDude » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:44 pm

I can see my applications fine, but I can no longer pull up contacts using LaunchBar like I could before.

PackDude

Post by PackDude » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:47 pm

I just figured out how to fix it. I had to go to Index, Show Index, then click on Address Book and tell it to use my Mac address book. It then changes the reference from Address Book to Contacts and then you can search for Contacts using LaunchBar again. WooHoo. :D

Stormchild

Post by Stormchild » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:14 am

LaunchBar appears to be mostly broken for me in Mountain Lion so far. Spotlight indexing is done, but LaunchBar is still missing most of my stuff. The index window has nothing at all under almost any of my sections. The only ones that have any stuff are the search templates. Applications, Actions, Services, Preference Panes, Contacts, Calendars, and so on, are all completely empty. It seems to be indexing, because the spinning indicator appears at the bottom, and the button is labelled "stop" instead of "update", but unfortunately, clicking "stop" doesn't do anything (I've tried at least 100 times), and the indexing doesn't seem to be making any progress. I've even tried quitting LaunchBar and starting it back up, but the button still says "stop" (and still doesn't work) and the spinning indicator is still there.

So, at least for me, LaunchBar is pretty much completed hosed for now. No idea what to do next, other than maybe reboot the whole machine.

Update: Yep. Rebooting sorted it out. Everything looks fine now, including contacts (I used the same fix others have mentioned — just reselect "OS X Address Book" in the options pane for the Contacts indexing section).

jonahlee

Post by jonahlee » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:21 am

Yea, mine is fixed now, just have a lot of files for Spotlight and Launchbar to index, but once it was done, we are all good. NICE!

navidad48

Post by navidad48 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:07 am

PackDude wrote:I just figured out how to fix it. I had to go to Index, Show Index, then click on Address Book and tell it to use my Mac address book. It then changes the reference from Address Book to Contacts and then you can search for Contacts using LaunchBar again. WooHoo. :D

How do I "Tell it to use my Mac address book"? When I click on address book, the index screen is totally empty.

Greg Jones
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Greg Jones » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:54 am

navidad48 wrote:How do I "Tell it to use my Mac address book"? When I click on address book, the index screen is totally empty.

Click the Options tab-you'll see it then.

chiralangel

Post by chiralangel » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:23 pm

I'm not having a problem steering LaunchBar towards my Address Book; it sees my contacts, but won't open the Contact app the way it used to. Instead, it does one of two things. If it's an email address, it launches Mail and composes a blank message; if it's a phone number or street address, etc., it flashes up a transparent Finder window with the full information. I want it to launch the Address Book/Contacts app the way it did prior to Mountain Lion. Is there something I need to change to get that behavior back? Thanks!

Oh, I should note that in Preferences/Actions, I do have it it set to "Open Contact Card," but LaunchBar is ignoring that since I upgraded to Mountain Lion.

beerich
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by beerich » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:32 pm

I am finding LB taking some time for items to show up. Might take 7 seconds for the right items (items I often use) to show up. LB isn't racing in the Activity Monitor though.

I thought I'd post.

Cheers

SteveJam

Post by SteveJam » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Same here with the Contacts bug. Selecting the contact in LB takes me to a LB selection of the Contact's details, not the actual card.

Steve J

beerich
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by beerich » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:53 am

I found something.

function-function is the default key combination to start Dictation. It's also "search in Launchbar". I turned off "Search in Launchbar" in Shortcuts, and Dictation works now. Well, as good as it brings function.

Cheers

Infopreneurkid

Post by Infopreneurkid » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:46 am

Contacts are not indexed by mine either (I use iCloud). Also, when I select Contacts and press spacebar, nothing happens. Normally I would be able to browse my contacts.

I just checked my indexes and I should have them indexed but I don't see them in there either.

beerich
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by beerich » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:22 pm

OK, found something with sending images into an email window.

Grabbed 2 items on the desktop (screen shots) and hit tab to send them to a Contact whom is valid. The email window came up, entered the wrong signature (that could be Mail's problem, actually...that has been broken all this time, at least for me), then put in the images after the signature.

Upon inserting the images, the email send button went grey. I filled in the To: field, the Subject: field and put some text into the body, and fixed the signature choice, etc. Still, I can't send it. Oh, and I can't close the window, so I have to quit the application to relaunch the app, only to find that message saved as a draft. Second attempt, I STILL couldn't send it.

Not good.

Cheers