Feature request: Search History

General discussions about LaunchBar
lpb2ha-me
Rank 1
Rank 1

Feature request: Search History

Postby lpb2ha-me » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:31 pm

It would be handy for users to have the option to store and access their LaunchBar search history.

For example, I have a Search Template that to lookup books on Amazon. I frequently want to repeat a search that I did before my last search. Rather than reentering the search parameters, I'd like to be able to use the UP arrow to access previous search strings. This applies to all kinds of searches.

Having an autocomplete match within the search history would also be nice. E.g., if I looked for "John Saul A Fair Country", then "sa fa" would find that. (Something like what OmniFocus's project-field autocomplete feature.)

Of course, the history would be specific to each search template.

Thanks,

Luc
cogzest.com

greenblue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Feature request: Search History

Postby greenblue » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:46 pm

I would also love this option. I often have to type in the same stuff over and over when autocomplete would do the job. For example, for the MacUpdate search I often will type in the same apps to search for over time, so it would be fantastic if there was an option for LaunchBar to remember my previous searches and pull them up for me and I just hit enter if the autocomplete is kosher.

anchorboi

Postby anchorboi » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:18 pm

+1.

Using LaunchBar almost exclusively to search various sites (often for repeated queries), this feature would be a huge plus.

a_nice_user

Postby a_nice_user » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:08 am

(bumping since I could not find a more recent discussion about it)
I would LOVE to see this feature, it's currently the only use case where I cannot use LaunchBar and have to go into my web browser instead

Return to “LaunchBar General”