iCal integration, specifically reminders

General discussions about LaunchBar
no-username
Rank 1
Rank 1

iCal integration, specifically reminders

Post by no-username » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:48 am

I have heard smatterings of information about LB having support for Lion and the new cloud based Reminder system in iCal. I can't find any single source of data on how to interface with it or how to use it.

I currently run the LB beta 5.2 nightly (905) on Processor 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

If there were some way to quickly add a reminder to my default reminder list with predefined settings for alerts and whatnot, that would be terrific. Can someone point me in the direction of where I can learn more about this feature?

TomEck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: iCal integration, specifically reminders

Post by TomEck » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:07 pm

no-username wrote:I have heard smatterings of information about LB having support for Lion and the new cloud based Reminder system in iCal. I can't find any single source of data on how to interface with it or how to use it.

I currently run the LB beta 5.2 nightly (905) on Processor 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

If there were some way to quickly add a reminder to my default reminder list with predefined settings for alerts and whatnot, that would be terrific. Can someone point me in the direction of where I can learn more about this feature?

I am running 10.6.8 and not 10.7.2 so this is how it works with Snow Leopard:

- Select the desired calendar directly by typing an abbreviation of its name.
    - Once you’ve selected a calendar in LaunchBar, press the space bar to enter a new reminder/to-do.
    - Reminders/to-do's are created by entering just a description, and an optional due date, separated by a right angle bracket.

You may read in the manual "Working with Calendars" for more information.