LaunchBar 4.3 released!

General discussions about LaunchBar
norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

LaunchBar 4.3 released!

Post by norbert » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:22 pm

LaunchBar 4.3 has now finally been released. Thanks again for you patience. I'm confident that it has been worth the wait!

Please see the LaunchBar page for an overview of new features, and the Release Notes for a detailed listing of all changes.
Last edited by norbert on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F451
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by F451 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:59 pm

Outrageously great as always! I love LaunchBar, and simply cannot use a Mac without it.

zarathustra

Post by zarathustra » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:11 am

Very nice Norbert!

One new feature I noticed, hitting return for search templates lets you enter text. I wish there was a preference to go back to the old way. I use many of the search templates as bookmarks and often press return to go to the site. I can get used to option-Return but a preference would be nice! :)

geoff2

Post by geoff2 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:36 am

Another tremendous upgrade, Norbert. Thank you.

- geoff

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:49 am

Thank you!. LB "is" my interface, and now it does so much more (with less, even).

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:50 am

Excellent update!

macsterdam
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by macsterdam » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:42 am

What a wonderful update. Absolutely fantastic. For me, the best just got a whole lot better! Thank you very much!

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:38 pm

This seems like a silly question, but was the resizer on the launcher removed? I can't figure out how to make it larger or smaller. Previously you could grab the bottom right corner

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:49 pm

Anonymous wrote:... was the resizer on the launcher removed? I can't figure out how to make it larger or smaller. Previously you could grab the bottom right corner

You can resize the bar from the left edge (same as before). We've planned to allow resizing from the right edge as well.

We've removed the resizer icon to reduce visual clutter in the interface. But you still get a resizing cursor when you hover the left edge with the mouse.

BravoAlpha

Result Menu

Post by BravoAlpha » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:25 am

I'm pleased with the update overall, but I do have one problem at the moment.

I have the actual bar located in the bottom left corner of my primary display. After installing this update, the Result Menu shows up underneath the bar instead of on top; That is, the results are shown off the screen where I can't see them. :|

marhk

Re: Result Menu

Post by marhk » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:29 am

I have the same issue. There seems to be a bug with 4.3. The older version “knew” where it was on the screen.

I have the actual bar located in the bottom left corner of my primary display. After installing this update, the Result Menu shows up underneath the bar instead of on top; That is, the results are shown off the screen where I can't see them. :|

joel

Post by joel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:18 am

The 4.3 release doesn't display my generic folder customized icons like it did in previous versions.
It does some but not others. I can't find a pattern to it. I've replaced all default icons in the coretypes bundle (and in launchbar resources).
It does the default folders in / and ~ fine though. If I right arrow through a folder, the next folders viewed will be the windows default ones.

Any ideas what is going on?

F451
Rank 1
Rank 1

Thanks!

Post by F451 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:33 am

Man, I bloody love this app! The calculator threw my opening of 1Passwd out-of-whack, as I used 1P, but I've gotten over it. I like the manual as-is. Everything is so efficient in Objective Development's applications. Many thanks for the great apps!

BravoAlpha

Post by BravoAlpha » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:46 am

joel wrote:The 4.3 release doesn't display my generic folder customized icons like it did in previous versions.

The same behavior is exhibited on my machine.

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:02 pm

joel wrote:The 4.3 release doesn't display my generic folder customized icons like it did in previous versions. It does some but not others. I can't find a pattern to it ... It does the default folders in / and ~ fine though. If I right arrow through a folder, the next folders viewed will be the windows default ones.

Previous versions of LaunchBar didn't display customized file or folder icons either (except for folders in ~, / and /Users/Shared). We do this for better performance and a smaller memory footprint. And it helps to indicate the type of a selected item more unambiguously.