Indexing

General discussions about LaunchBar
jakousers

Indexing

Post by jakousers » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:26 pm

So if I understand correctly: using launchbar, I have to individually set up indexing schedules for every folder that I want to add to the index? I have many folders in the index, and I update them frequently. Is there a way to have the entire index updated on a schedule? This would seem to me like an obvious feature, but I can't find it anywhere. Or am I missing something here?

manfred
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Indexing

Post by manfred » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:27 pm

It is necessary to set the schedule per indexing rule yes.

jakousers wrote:I have to individually set up indexing schedules for every folder that I want to add to the index?

It is not necessary to add a rule for each folder. LaunchBar provides a lot of filter capabilities (search scope, search for specific files only, skipping subfolders, exclude items, …) to summarize folders under a few rules.

jakousers

Post by jakousers » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Thanks for the help!

From what you wrote, I can see the various filter options that I have within each folder (Scope, file type, subfolders, exclude items). I can use those to drill down to what I want to index in each folder. However, this isn't exactly what I'm trying to do. What I want to do is easily schedule ALL folders to update on a regular schedule. I was trying to figure if your advice was pointing towards setting up some sort of master group/folder that would index all the selected folders. If that's what you're suggesting, I can't figure out how to do that....

manfred
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by manfred » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:17 am

jakousers wrote:If that's what you're suggesting, I can't figure out how to do that....

I think I need more informations about the folders you want to index. Feel free to contact our support via email if you do not want to provide the information here.