Any way to easily undo moving files into folders?

General discussions about LaunchBar
Micah

Any way to easily undo moving files into folders?

Post by Micah » Fri May 27, 2011 12:44 am

When I send a file to launchbar from my desktop, type the name of the folder I want to send the file to and then move the file (command- Return) into the folder... is there a way to undo that move via keyboard short cut?

In other programs (ie Alfred) when you move a file from your desktop to a folder you can simply hit Command-Z and the file will move back to your desktop. Is there a way to "turn on" a feature like that in Launchbar or anything? It's sort of tiresome to move a file, realize you need it back and then have to navigate to the folder and manually move it back to the desktop... doesn't happen often but when it does I always hit Cmd-Z and am frustrated by the "bonk" that results.

Thanks in advance for any help.

aristidesfl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Any way to easily undo moving files into folders?

Post by aristidesfl » Fri May 27, 2011 10:44 pm

This is a big fail on launchbar..
I miss this functionality a lot from finder

Micah

Post by Micah » Sat May 28, 2011 3:09 am

aristidesfl wrote:This is a big fail on launchbar..
I miss this functionality a lot from finder

There's really no way to do this? Why can't I just hit Cmd-Z and undo file moves, seems like a basic functionality that there's no reason to NOT have right?

mef613

Post by mef613 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Agreed. This, and the issue of moving/copying files into a location that requires Admin access, like /Applications in Lion! I can no longer easily move apps from ~/Downloads to, say, /Applications/Utilities without an error, especially if I'm overwriting an old version of the same app. Finder copying allows an authenticated copy (type password to continue). LB should too.