Search string? Tying myself in knots...

General discussions about LaunchBar
jpp

Search string? Tying myself in knots...

Post by jpp » Sun May 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Hello

I am very new to Launchbar and am finding it very confusing. It's great as an app launcher but I am having difficulty searching and finding what I really want. I have looked at the FAQs, done a forum search and so on and couldn't find anything so am hoping someone might be able to help.

My issue is - can I conduct a search with two or more words in it? Obviously when you press space bar it goes into some sort of enter mode. But more often than not I want to enter two words to find the exact file. Quicksilver seems to be so much more intuitive - especially when wanting to send attachments etc.

So - is it possible to have two words in a search and if so - how do I do this? Please help!

Thank you

JP

Kicweed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Search string? Tying myself in knots...

Post by Kicweed » Mon May 23, 2011 12:06 pm

You don't need to enter the space character when searching.

For example, you have both "John Doe" and "John Smith" in your address book. To select the first one, you type "johnd". To get the second, you type "johns". Or any other combination of characters you like, for example "jdoe" or "jsmith", etc.

That's it. When you're looking for something that has a space in its name, just skip the space when you type.

jpp

Re: Search string? Tying myself in knots...

Post by jpp » Thu May 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi Kicweed

Just wanted to say thank you very much indeed. Feel a bit of a doofus now!

Thanks again

JP