Translator Free

General discussions about LaunchBar
ptujec
Wizard
Wizard

Translator Free

Post by ptujec » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Translator Free(App Store link) is a free Google Translate client for your menubar.
You can use Translator with LaunchBar as shown in this little screencast: LaunchBar & Translator on Vimeo

David Winter

That combo doesn't seem to work here ...

Post by David Winter » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Thanks for the tip, but this combo (LaunchBar and Translator Free) doesn't seem to work for me, although both work fine on their own.

I.e., I downloaded/installed Translator Free from the App Store, and it does what it should: I can drag text to its menubar icon and get a translation.

However, the two methods of sending a string for translation purposes to Translator Free from LaunchBar shown in the screencast do not work. I can see and send the string to be translated in LaunchBar - but the dialog with the translated text simply doesn't show.

This is odd, since I'm sending text selections to applications or web services (e.g. to dict.cc) via Launch Bar quite a lot. It always works as expected.

Any idea what might be going wrong here? I'm running the most current versions of LaunchBar (5.0.3) and OS X (10.6.6).

Thanks!

ptujec
Wizard
Wizard

Re: Translator Free

Post by ptujec » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:07 pm

Try again after reboot.

David Winter

Re: Translator Free

Post by David Winter » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:23 pm

ptujec wrote:Try again after reboot.

Sometimes things are that easy. Thanks.