Synchronize iPhone/iPod Touch

General discussions about LaunchBar
Lucdebale

Synchronize iPhone/iPod Touch

Postby Lucdebale » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:29 pm

I would really like Launchbar to easily synchronize iTunes with an iPhone/iPod Touch.

I usually have the iPhone/iPod Touch attached to my Mac. Before I leave home I have to synchronize iCal.app and Adressbook.app and all my Memos (in Mail.app) with my iPhone/iPod Touch, so I have to drudgingly change to iTunes and there start the synchronization. It would be much easier if I could start the synchronising with an launchbar action (like receiving mail in the background).

Would that be difficult to implement?

gillibrand

Re: Synchronize iPhone/iPod Touch

Postby gillibrand » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:17 pm

I do this with an AppleScript. You'll need to repeat the `try` block for each device you have (unless there's a way to tell iTunes to sync the current device, which I didn't see). Just replace name of the device after `update` with your device names. Also, if you don't have Growl installed you can remove the `do shell script` parts, but they probably won't hurt.

Just save this as an AppleScript somewere that LaunchBar can see it. ~/Library/Scripts works.

Code: Select all

try
   tell application "iTunes" to update "Jay's iPod Touch"
   do shell script "/usr/local/bin/growlnotify iTunes -m 'Syncing iPod Touch' -a iTunes"
end try
try
   tell application "iTunes" to update "Jay's iPad"
   do shell script "/usr/local/bin/growlnotify iTunes -m 'Syncing iPad' -a iTunes"
end try

Return to “LaunchBar General”