One search term for all templates

General discussions about LaunchBar
vanity

One search term for all templates

Post by vanity » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:55 am

I switched from QS years ago but it still annoys me how LB remembers one search term per template. If I just looked something up on Wikipedia and now go to Google it's far more likely that I want to search for the same thing rather than repeat what I googled yesterday.

teedoff087

Re: One search term for all templates

Post by teedoff087 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:12 pm

If you want to search for the same thing in a different search engine, all you have to do is select the new search engine, hold down the Shift key and hit enter.

I do wish that it would keep a search history for search templates, though.

FredSmith
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FredSmith » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:28 pm

vanity wrote:I switched from QS years ago but it still annoys me how LB remembers one search term per template. If I just looked something up on Wikipedia and now go to Google it's far more likely that I want to search for the same thing rather than repeat what I googled yesterday.

Yes, I'd like a drop down so I could pick one from the last ten searches (per template).

vanity

Post by vanity » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:34 am

teedoff087 wrote:If you want to search for the same thing in a different search engine, all you have to do is select the new search engine, hold down the Shift key and hit enter.

Thank you! But I doubt it'll help. My fingers are trained to long-press the G for Google, as my default action is the text field. And once you're there shift+enter no longer works.